April 13, 2010

How-To: Make Black Bottom Cupcakes

I thought I would start a little something where I would post little "how-to" or tutorials for fun things. They can be called "Tutorial Tuesdays." Catchy, I know. ;)
So for the first one I thought I would show you how to make my new found favorite cupcake: Black Bottom Cupcakes. I'm getting hungry already.
Lets get started!
First off, we need some ingredients.





  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

After setting the oven at 350 degrees, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
It should look something like this:
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended.
Now, when no one is looking, take a small spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and dip in in the chocolate mixture and eat it. Delicious, huh?! ;) 
Anyways, lets get back to the recipe.

Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. 

I made my cupcakes in a mini cupcake pan so I only baked them for about 17 minutes. My newest obsession is mini cupcakes....that way you can eat two and not feel as bad about it!

 Speaking of calories, I better go do my workout....

Recipe from: here
I made a little recipe sheet for all y'all here as well. Just click the "download" button and if you have any problems, let me know!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of black bottom cupcakes but they look tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Have a simply lovely day!
xoxo, megan