January 12, 2010

Independence



Someday, I am going to take my little camper and travel the country. Just me and my pug (and my besties, of course) and we're going to eat whatever we want, wear what we think is cute and comfy, and stop whenever we see an awesome picture moment. It is going to be awesome.
I have been thinking a lot (more like dreaming) lately about the day when I am on my own and really have control of my life. I cannot wait until I can have my own little apartment and buy all of my food at Trader Joe's and probably spend way too much time and money sitting at Starbucks. It's not like I don't love my parents and can't wait to get out of the house (I do love them and like my house); its more like I just want that feeling of full independence.
A speaker in one of my classes today said that she wished she had appreciated and taken full advantage of her years as a teen. It got me thinking...am I really appreciating the amazing life I have going for me, the awesome friends and parents I have, the delicious breakfast my mom makes...or am I simply spending all of my time wishing I was on my own?
Soon I will be out on my own and I hope I can look back on my years at home and know that I didn't just waste them away.

That camper is just soo cute...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a simply lovely day!
xoxo, megan